What Does a Typical Treatment Involve?
Your treatment will often begin with a deep tissue massage, incorporating acupressure before your treatment is concluded with the insertion of very fine needles into specific points, sometimes the needles are placed near to the area of pain or distal points can also be used which are located away from the problem area. Once inserted the needles remain in place for between 10 and 30 minutes.
What is Electro-Acupuncture?
Is Electro-Acupuncture Suitable For Me?
It is important that you let your acupuncturist know if any of the following apply to you:
- Pacemaker in situ
- Diagnosed with cardiac arrhythmia
- Have impaired circulation
- Diagnosed with severe arterial disease
- Bleeding disorder
- Suffer from Epilepsy or have a history of unexplained convulsions
- Malignant tumours
- Have had any lymph nodes removed
- Have a fever, cold or feel unwell
- Skin lesions, rashes, dermatitis
- Metal piercing, implants or joints
If you do have any of the above or have any concerns as to whether a treatment is suitable for you please speak to your acupuncturist first.